CompTIA Technical Instructor: Job Summary
CompTIA Technical Senior Instructor with 3-5 plus years of IT Training technology experience residing in Denver, CO or San Antonio, TX to help design and deliver high-velocity A+, Net+, and Sec+ training programs and support students in achieving career-relevant certifications. Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of world-class IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. The instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals. Compensation is relevant to job experience but the budget for the position is $65,000 - $85,000 per year.
- Holds current A+ 1001/1002, Net+007 and Sec+601 CompTIA certifications.
- ITIL Foundation Certification Version 4 and other certifications a plus.
- Prior IT Training teaching experience required or CTT certification.
- Relevant industry experience.
Typical duties are likely to include:
- Execution and instruction of virtual online training classes with 3 – 5 years of virtual presentation experience with live instructional IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking.).
- Execution and instruction of virtual/hands-on labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Designing, updating training materials needed to support student success through certification
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfill the skills needs of an organization
- Collaborating with other instructors
- Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- Ability to align training to current IT job markets
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Prior teaching/instruction 3-5 years plus includes both virtual and live instruction.
- Prior student management
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Analytical skills
- Training skills
- Mentor experience