Upcoming Dates & Locations
Applying PM Strategy to Internal Audit - OAG401WEB
The webinar provides tools and techniques to help students improve their processes and deliverables by explaining how Project Management (PM) principles can help improve planning, recording, noticing project dynamics for corrective action and applying lessons learned.
Who Should Attend
Internal Auditors at all levels.
What You’ll Learn
You will learn how to apply project management principles to internal auditing.
1. Emphasize Planning:
- Committing to enough time for planning
- Explanation of three parts of planning
- Discussion of estimating methods and pitfalls
2. Record Real Time:
- Recognizing that work is not equal to duration
- Deciding on time increments that create benefit and not burden
- Creating an environment for truth-telling
3. Pay Attention:
- Pausing often enough to gauge progress
- Collecting information on obstacles, barriers, and opportunities
- Communicating progress information to stakeholders
4. Apply Lessons Learned:
- Initiating course correction(s) as indicated
- Identifying themes to be shared with colleagues
- Incorporating ideas into future audit plans of similar areas
Why You Should Attend
You should attend because every audit engagement is a project, and the techniques learned in this webinar can help you achieve the scope with high quality while reducing the cost, and duration.
MIS Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.