Upcoming Dates & Locations
CAPM and PMP Exam Prep (PMBOK V6) - LCP201
This course provides an intensive review of the subject matter tested on the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) examination. This course provides a summary review of the nine knowledge areas and five process groups covered in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Also practice sample examinations totalling 200 questions and discussing the rationale behind both correct and incorrect answers.
Who Should Attend
Individuals with on-the-job project management experience (regardless of whether their formal job role is project manager), who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training.
- Familiarity with basic project management concepts and some working experience with project management. Experience with specific project management software not required. Some experience with Microsoft® Office is desirable but not required.
What You’ll Learn
In this course, you will be able to apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully manage projects.
- Define Project Management Fundamentals
- Define Project Management Within the Organization
- Define the Project Management Methodology
- Initiate a Project
- Develop a Project Management Plan and Plan Components
- Plan a Project Schedule
- Plan Project Costs
- Plan for Quality, Resources and Procurements
- Plan for Risk
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
- Execute Project
- Work with Stakeholders
- Monitor Project Work, Scope, risks, Stakeholder Engagement, and Communications
- Control Project Changes, Scope, schedule, Costs, quality, Resources, and Procurements
- Close a Project
Why You Should Attend
PMP is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. This course provides students the knowledge and skills needed to demonstrate project management mastery on the job and a competitive edge in your profession.