Upcoming Dates & Locations
Conflict Management and Negotiating Skills - UK-OAG230
This course covers ways to interact more effectively with stakeholders and managers to handle conflict more productively, build stronger relationships, and deliver reports that are valued and achieve firm agreement to act. It also allows benchmarking and best practice sharing with peers.
Who Should Attend
Internal and external auditors, regulators, compliance, and risk management professionals.
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing
What You’ll Learn
You will learn how to identify and defuse conflict as it emerges, strategies to turn events positively to improve relationships, and ways to carry your audit and advisory engagements to a positive conclusion despite differences of opinion.
- Getting audits on the audit plan
- How to demonstrate and audit has value
- Understanding management views
- Getting proper stakeholder buy-in to the focus of an audit
- Proven approaches to obtain management attention
- Dealing with difficult issues during assignments
- What is enough evidence?
- When/how to raise issues
- What should be achieved at the meeting?
- What must be done in advance?
- How many should attend?
- What if disagreements arise?
Other stakeholder management skills:
- Building an informal network
- Having a stakeholder map
- Thinking more about how to write e-mails
The elements of effective negotiations:
- Understanding what is valued and what is not
- Thinking about constraints and agendas
- Managing meetings with senior leaders
- What is a suitable frequency?
- What are other hallmarks of a good meeting?
Overcoming being ignored:
- Why does this happen?
- What to do about it
Understanding organizational and political constraints:
- Taking a step back to understand other factors that can affect relationship
- Advisory work
- Attending committees
Coaching your audit team to become better at influencing and stakeholder management:
- Recognizing the role of all staff to manage
- Explaining warning signs that can alert you to
- bigger issues
- Sharing challenges and considering approaches to high stakes meetings
Why You Should Attend
You should attend because conflict is a common dynamic while working with colleagues and clients, but with the proper skills the situation can managed productively.
MIS Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.