Upcoming Dates & Locations
Functions and Case Studies within ACL™ Analytics – ACL201
This course provides a practical application of ACL™ Analytics and is designed to make you more effective in real life situations. It begins with functions for harmonizing, searching, and converting data to assist with issues and questions that are frequently encountered when performing data analytics. You are then guided through hands-on case studies that help you develop your critical thinking skills as you cleanse dirty data, prepare for analysis, perform multiple analysis, and report results.
The case studies include business-relevant data such as salesperson commission payments based on products sold by an international organization with multiple regional offices; travel and entertainment expenses (TnE); Procurement Card expenses.
- Enhance your knowledge of interpreting and applying functions that are an essential part of performing data analytics
- Apply ACL™ Analytics using a structured methodology through the planning, importing, preparing, analyzing and reporting phases of an audit
- Plan and document your approach
- Import data from various sources
- Think critically about the data to gain the necessary assurance and reliance on the accuracy of your results
- Test for integrity (includes tests such as controls, bounds, completeness, uniqueness, relationships and recalculation)
- Fix integrity issues where possible
- Prepare data for efficient analysis
- Simplify analysis by breaking complex objectives into manageable milestones
- Gain proficiency in determining which ACL command, function or expression to use for each milestone
- Generate meaningful reports including graphical visualizations
This course will also prepare you for level 4 of the ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) exam.
Who Should Attend
Those who have attended the ACL101 course or are self-taught to that level and require practice in applying ACL to typical data analytic scenarios, including further understanding in the use of functions to cope with typical objectives.
- A Comprehensive Introduction to ACL Analytics-ACL101
- self-taught to a comparable level
What You’ll Learn
You will learn from hands-on exercises and case studies, and from the explanations for using certain functions, commands, and expressions. Also, ways to document your approach, which provides essential support to your working papers.
- Data Analysis Cycle
- Computed Fields
Functions:- Functions Rules
- Presentation of Approximately 20 Functions in the Categories:
- Harmonizing Data
- Converting Data
- Datetime Data
- Other Functions
- Salesperson Commission Audit
- Procurement Card Audit
- Travel and Entertainment Audit
Why You Should Attend
You should attend because ACL is a versatile, powerful, and widely-used data extraction and analysis software used for audits, fraud detection, identifying anomalies in data, and risk management. It enhances auditors’ testing capabilities.
MIS Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.