Upcoming Dates & Locations
How to Audit IT General Controls - ITG201
This course explores the key IT general control areas to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, reliability, and privacy of your sensitive and proprietary data. Students will examine vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
Who Should Attend
Experienced IT auditors and technologists: responsible for performing a IT General Controls Review audit or self-assessment
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing (OAG101)
- IT Audit School (ITG121)
What You’ll Learn
You will learn about the vulnerabilities, threats and risks that organizations face daily and how to verify that IT controls are present and working as intended.
- Introduction to a Data Center
- General Controls Review
- General Controls and IT Application Controls Requirements
- ITGC Testing Methodologies
- ITGC Reviews….Of What?
- Getting Started Your First Seven Questions
- IT Governance
- Identify Access Management, AKA Logical Security
- Network Controls
- Computer Operations
- Continuity of Operations Application Systems
- Development and Change Control
- Vendor Management
- Data Base Management
- Physical Security
- Environmental Controls
- Systems Software Management
- Hardware and Software Inventory Management
- Cloud Computing You’re In the Cloud
- You’re Doing ITGCs. Now What? Your Audit Budget
Why You Should Attend
You should attend because this course explores critical aspects of IT environments like data governance and management, scenario-based risk assessment, and review exhibits to better plan, scope and conduct IT audits.
ACI Learning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.